Personal Epiphanies and Publishing Predictions
- This blog should have been posted on Epiphany, Jan. 6th. I’m already behind, and it’s only nine days into a new year. (At least you didn’t have to watch me sprint down the street chasing after the garbage truck while wearing my pajamas and leaving a trail of volume curlers littering the street.)
- The woman in the painting reminds me of Lady Mary on Downton Abbey except she’s not wearing black this season.
- Hey! There’s a skull next to the book. I wonder if someone will think it’s a subliminal or blatant message that traditional publishing is dead. (It’s not.)
- For the next week or more, I’ll be functioning as if it’s last year.
(See #1 above.)
- The knowledgeable and timely people listed below have some interesting predictions about publishing this year.
- Links to their posts will be provided.
LINKS TO 2014 PUBLISHING PREDICTIONS:
(I told you so. See Predictions #3 above.)
Bob Mayer at Write It Forward
Jane Litte at Dear Author
Jeremy Greenfield at Digital Book World
Kristen Lamb at Kristen Lamb’s Blog
Mike Shatzkin at Idea Logical Company
What are your personal epiphanies and publishing predictions?
Alternate activity for those of you still stuck in 2013 like me: As fast as you can, repeat “It’s 2014.” a minimum of fourteen times. Let me know if it helps. I might try it.